Charita Česká republika
Monitoring and Accountability Officer
Working in countries such as Zambia, Iraq, Syria, Georgia, Mongolia or Moldova, we cooperate with Czech development institutions, UN agencies and different EU programmes. In recent years, CCR´s Humanitarian Aid and Development Cooperation Department has expanded constantly its operations, reaching now even more of the communities that are most in need within these countries: improving their life prospects through economic empowerment, increasing their resilience through adaptation to climate change and, sometimes, providing for the most basic material needs during humanitarian crisis, like the one posed by COVID-19 or in conflict and post-conflict settings.
But growing as an organization means also managing a bigger responsibility towards our final beneficiaries and the environment, ensuring the quality of the aid we deliver, transparency and the protection of the most vulnerable in the communities we serve.
CCR´s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning unit is recruiting a new member that will have a significant involvement in ensuring that our organization properly responds to those challenges.
What profile do we expect from the ideal candidate?
- An academic background related to development and humanitarian aid (economics, social or political sciences, development studies, international relations, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written);
- A practical approach to organizational matters (setting up smooth processes and workflows);
- Analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- A technical background is not required, but openness to learn new tools and a positive approach to humanitarian data and New Technologies (ICTs) is necessary;
- Good knowledge of MS Excel (medium level: pivot tables, VLOOKUP function, text processing) or readiness to learn it;
- Long term commitment to stay in the position;
- Although previous experience is an advantage, newly graduated, proactive, communicative candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience of working in development and/or humanitarian settings;
- Support the MEAL Unit in the development of monitoring tools for CCR projects.
- Participate in the implementation of our yearly Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Lead efforts in the creation of digital humanitarian data collection products.
- Provide guidance and support to programme staff for the inclusion of accountability-related measures during the project design stage.
- Ensure smooth implementation of internal regulations within the HQ as well as the missions, especially those related to CCR´s accountability towards donors and beneficiaries.
- Provide guidance and support in the creation and maintenance of knowledge management products at Department level.
- Organize trainings and capacity-building activities within the department.
What do we offer?
- Joining an innovative team within a stable non-profit organization with a serious approach
- 5 weeks holiday
- 2 days sick days per year
- Travels to the countries where Caritas Czech Republic is currently implementing projects (after COVID19 travel restrictions are lifted)
- Flexible working hours (depends on agreement)
- Discounted price for Multisport card
- Mobile phone, laptop
- Educational courses / training (we want to support you in personal and professional development)
- Work in a safe environment
- A pleasant and friendly team
How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 2-page CV or resume. Please type “Monitoring and Accountability Officer" in the Subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications are reviewed on a continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline.